Rega to replace the Planet 2000.
Feb 8, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #16 of 23
I thank all of you once again for the information.

I just ordered an Apollo. My dealer says it is "an excellent player." This will be my fifth piece of Rega digital gear. I am thinking I will be pleased...any further thoughts? False: is your Apollo sounding better and better?

Feb 8, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #18 of 23
Yes, tyrion, my dealer is saying three weeks. For which did you opt, the silver or black? I went with the silver.

I just read the blurb on the Apollo at the Rega Web site. The design looks like it is a real winner--new OS and a Class A output stage--I was very impressed.

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
There is a used Apollo on Audiogon right now:

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....lay&1144712578

I saw that earlier. I have one on order with my local dealer. I figured I would rather spend the extra $100 to support him. The guy is what all audio dealers should be. As to the rest of you, jump all over that ad. My guess, and is a guess, is that it's already sold.

Feb 10, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #22 of 23
That seems pretty strange...with the Apollo's new OS, advanced data retrieval system, updated transport, and discrete Class A output stage, I cannot imagine a reason why someone would be parting with one already. Perhaps it was an impulse buy. For me, the Apollo offers complete emancipation from the bondage of op-amps (with some other nice features, too), as my system will now be free of these devices.

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #23 of 23
Just a quick update for those awaiting an Apollo...My dealer, who receives his stock from the Rega distirbutor in Dallas, is now saying it should be a 2-3 week wait. I was glad to hear this, as 2-3 weeks is better than a month. I hope it pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back