Rega Saturn vs Meridian G08: what are the sonic differences?
Aug 29, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #91 of 95
i would put somethng like the G06 - and any player without balanced outputs - at no more than mid-fi, my G08 and other similar players at hi-fi (but just bordering it) and something like the 808 as "truly" hi-fi.

that's just me though.

Aug 29, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #92 of 95
In the end, I feel ultimate sound quality matters much more than the name tag, price tag, build quality, available finishes, single-ended vs balanced, etc.
Remember this is: my opinion only, and others will disagree of course!
I just read over the April 2007 issue of Stereophile's "Recommended Components".
Impressively, the Rega Saturn is not only the least expensive cd player to be rated Class A, by at least $550.00, but it also received a $$$ mark as well.
They classify Class A as: 'Best obtainable sound for a component of its kind, almost without practical considerations; "the least musical compromise." A Class A system is one for which you don't have to make a leap of faith to believe you're hearing the real thing...Class A now represents the best that can be obtained from the conventional 16-bit/44.1khz medium.'
The $$$ sign means: 'Where we have found a product to perform much better than might be expected from its price.'
Hi-Fi Choice also rates the Rega Saturn as the best cd player they have heard between 1,000 and 2,000 pounds, [sorry, no British dollar key on my computer!].
Just thought I would share this.
Whether you agree or disagree with it is entirely up to you, and your ears.

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #93 of 95
Yeah I absolutely disagree
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #94 of 95
Thanks Icarium, you are such a nice guy...maybe we can be friends! lol.
icon10.gif

You all know what?
This thread has turned out to be more fun than I ever imagined!
Very entertaining to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back