Rega Planet 200 -Headphone Amp
Apr 18, 2007 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pawel115

New Head-Fier
Hi !
I am brand new to this forum my question is what are good headphone amps for Rega Planet 2000 (synergy) for around $200-250 US.
Thanx Pawel
P.S Also what interconnects would you go with.

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #2 of 10
I like the Creek OBH-11. It's an older amp, but you can get it pretty cheaply especially if you're willing to buy used. Another older amp, which you may want to consider is Corda HA-1. It's a marvelous amp, considerably better than Creek. You may be able to find it on the used market for around $250 or so. If you can find Eddie Current HD25, that's just pure heaven!

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 10
as you see in my signature, Rega Planet 2000 is the heart of my system. I'm getting a new headphone amp very soon, if you are not in a hurry, I can post you a review a little later which amp worked out best for me.

main headphone setup: Rega Planet 2000 >> Rega Ear >> Beyerdynamic DT880
main loudspeaker setup: Rega Planet 2000 >> Rega Mira 3 >> Quad 12L

Apr 18, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 10
HI
Thanks for help everyone right now i am using Grado SR60 and Etymotic E4P i like mostly rock,pop and little bit of electronica I am planning on getting Grado RS2 and Darth Beyers in near future as for amps i am not in a hury probably be getting them in a month or two.What about Gilmore Lite or Corda Headfive ?
Thanx again

Apr 18, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawel115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI
Thanks for help everyone right now i am using Grado SR60 and Etymotic E4P i like mostly rock,pop and little bit of electronica I am planning on getting Grado RS2 and Darth Beyers in near future as for amps i am not in a hury probably be getting them in a month or two.What about Gilmore Lite or Corda Headfive ?
Thanx again

Hi there,
I'll recommend the HeadFive for those applications, love it with my RS-2s! Although, I'm not so sure about the Darths, but it did well with my 990s. For a bit more of a crisper sonic signature than the H5 then the G-Lite maybe ones cup o tea, its a matter of taste.
Not sure about the Etys with the G-Lite vs the touch of warmth the HeadFive would lend them, as this maybe preferable as well as a bit of bass bias in the H5s lower registers maybe a plus with them.

good luck~

Oh , welcome and sorry about you wallet ;-}

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 10
If you like the Grado sound, you can pick up a used RA-1 amp on the boards here within your budget. I used a Planet 2000 with the RA-1 and SR 225's. I really liked it for Rock. If you can, try different interconnects before you buy, they can be very subjective, as you may gather from reading here. Good luck.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 10
Hi !
Thanks again I think ill go with Headfive they seem to be easier to buy used Gilmore Lite seem to sell really quickly ,what about interconnects or maybe thats different forum any advice highly appreciated.
Pawel

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #9 of 10
I always have to mention that MisterX makes some damn fine amps for the $$. You can pm him here and see what he will do. I know $300 will get you an amp superior to the headfive.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawel115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi !
Thanks again I think ill go with Headfive they seem to be easier to buy used Gilmore Lite seem to sell really quickly ,what about interconnects or maybe thats different forum any advice highly appreciated.
Pawel

Depends on your budget I guess, but can highly recommend the
van den Hul D300 MkIII if you are on a budget
van den Hul D102 MkIII if you're have a few more $$'s
or Nordost Red Dawns if $$'s is not much of a consideration.

If you can find a length of secondhand Tara Labs Prism CD ( green jacket )
interconnect, grab it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back