Refurbished Sony SCD-CE595 SACD/CD changer for $90.00 shipped
Apr 23, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #271 of 353
Hmm this is tempting me... Where's a good place to buy SACDs? And how would this player compare to a benchmark DAC-1 for regular CDs?

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #274 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3cc0s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know how I can get one to Canada through ecost or Sony? I don't see any option to ship up here.

same here interested as well but shipping is for US only. On sonystyles.ca its 300$. What are my options

[update] e-cost ships to montreal for 30$ CDN. brining the total to 120$ CDN. How much better is this than my denon CD changer DCM-270. i.e. should i take the plunge or stick with my current CDP

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #275 of 353
BTW does this have a headphone out with volume? I had that on my HK dvd player which doesn't work anymore, but when it did, the headphone out produced a nice clean output.
thanks

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #276 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by aris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW does this have a headphone out with volume? I had that on my HK dvd player which doesn't work anymore, but when it did, the headphone out produced a nice clean output.
thanks

No, it does not have a headphone out. It only has 5.1 and stereo and optical out in the back.

Apr 28, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #277 of 353
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #280 of 353
What's the reliability like on these refurbished units? And have people had much success modding them? I did some research on the SCD-CE595 a while back and everything seemed scattershot... decent Redbook performance, much better SACD performance.

May 2, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #281 of 353
As far as redbook, I'm using it as a cheap transport.... I enjoy the ability to have the cd changer option, also the sACD isn't too shabby..

As far as reliability, there was a post somewhere on here about refurbs being more reliable or better tested compared to new units. The logic is that the refurbs are replacements for defective new units, so instead of burning the customer twice, the manufacture has better controls in place to make sure the refurbs are in tip-top working order. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but so far mine doing very well, and worse case, I only shelled out 80 bucks or so, which is easier to deal with, in a disposable sense, then $700+.

biggrin.gif

May 3, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #282 of 353
Thanks, I guess that's why this thread has so many posts. At $80, you can't really go wrong... there don't seem to be any other "new" SACD players at this price point, especially with brand strength like Sony's.

May 3, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #283 of 353
Even at its regular price of $150.00, the 595 is still a bargain. On its own, it's a very competent CD player and a very good SACD player. It can also function as a transport for an external DAC. At $80.00, it's a screaming bargain.

May 4, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #284 of 353
i just got one of these... sounds pretty awesome plugged into my darkvoice

what are some DIY mods? It seems like google can only come up with the TRL mod which is $550USD! That is ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back