Refurbished Monster Turbines
Nov 21, 2011 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ajayrav

New Head-Fier
I just bought a pair of refurbished Monster turbines from Monster's online outlet store.  What I wanted was an upgrade from my Sennheiser CX400 phones.  These are to be used exclusively with my 6th gen ipod nano with 128k files and exclusively while traveling and working out.  I have a pair of Audio technica ATH-ad700 phones and AKG 601s that I enjoy at home (of course only with lossless files).  That is the sound I am going for.  While I love instrument separation and detail, I am very sensitive to sibilance which is why I crossed the UE700 of my list.  Do you guys have any other suggestions?  My budget is under $150.

My concern with the Monsters is that the warranty is 90 days for refurbished.  I have read horror stories of the build quality of the Monster turbines and many people have suggested that the normal lifetime warranty  Monster provides is essential, since they have had to repair it numerous times.  Don't know what Monster will do should repairs be required outside the 90 days.  But for 50 bucks, I'm willing to take a chance.

Will keep you posted...

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 4
The life time warranty only applies to Turbine Pros, either gold or copper.

I got refurbished Turbine and it came with all the tips and the hard pouch, the soft one isn't included.

Jan 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 4
I have to say that I am REALLY impressed with these IEMs.  Never in a million years did I think I would have something positive to say about a Monster product, but I am really blown away by these.  Super spacious, clear and balanced.  Just wow....and at the Monster online outlet price, it is a steal...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back