Refurbished HD-600. Worth to buy?
Dec 9, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #16 of 18
£139 at ASKdirect with free next day shipping. I ordered mine online and they were with me exactly 17 hours later! You just cant ASK for better than that
smily_headphones1.gif
The lovely HD-600 presentation box was packed inside a huge box with plenty of bubblewrap, fantastic packaging and Uber rapid delivery this company get 10 / 10 for VFM and service... second time I've used them and second time they've delivered the goods in a supersonic style... 100% big thumbs up for this firm.

EDIT: these are brand spanking new... not refurbs. 2 year warranty.

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by qkizz
Thanks to all of you for help. I checked sennheiser web and noticed that replacement driver for HD600 is the same as for HD580. What would be possible reason for spending more money for "the same" headphones?
Most likely I'll get a pair of HD-580 brand new for 140$.

Thanks

Well, the drivers may be the same, but that doesn't mean that the sound is the same. As I recall, the driver housing is different on the 600 - carbon fiber vs. plastic - and there are several other tweaks as well.

The difference between the two is next to nil with portable-level gear, but becomes more pronounced with higher-level gear. Also, to my ears, the HD600 always sounded brighter and more open than the 580, though at the expense of a slightly more strident treble. The 580 sounded more in line with the 650.

I'd say that if your intended use is portable or transportable, then you should probably go with the 580. If you're looking at your main set of stationary cans, then you can try the 600. Also, you can find 650 refurbs at the $250 mark, if you want to go up a notch. Although, if you'll check the 600 vs. 650 poll thread we have going, you'll see that far from everyone prefers the 650 over the 600. I don't, for one.

In any case, whatever you decide to go with - 580, 600, or 650 - is going to be one great phone.

P.S. You're amping it, I assume. If you're not, then you're wasting money. If you need to include the amp in your budget, get the 580 and spend the rest on one.

Dec 10, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #18 of 18
Thanks catscratch.

I already ordered HD580. Why did I get 580? I have never heard anything from Sennheiser line and I don't want to spend extra $$$ for higher models. If I like the sound i'll propably move up. HD580 will be mine starting sennheiser "project". If I don't like it, i'll sell it, forget about all sennheisers and stay with good AKG's. Mine favorite K501. I started enjoying DT880 too but I have to wait for burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back