Refurbished Clip+ worth it?
Jun 11, 2011 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

killertofu

New Head-Fier
I've been debating buying a Sansa Clip+ and was wondering if anyone has had experience with refurbished models. I've purchased products refurbished before and have had mixed results in quality. If you bought one refurbished, have you had any problems with it, in terms of sound quality or general quality? Also, is it still possible to RockBox it, if I chose to do so at a later time?

Thanks.

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 12
This is true. I was looking to save as much as possible and found a refurb 8GB that is $15 less than a new one. Thanks for reassuring the quality of the Clip+. Before discovering it, I was going to buy a Cowon but I couldn't find a model that fit my needs and limited budget.

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 12
I bought a refurb 4gb and a new 8gb clip+ and both work exactly the same - perfect!!! Either way you can't go wrong. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Thanks for the responses. I'm most likely going to go with an 8gb unit, probably new if Amazon continues to reduce its price. I'm just sitting back and watching now, lol.
popcorn.gif

Unrelated question for the Clip+ owners: when you have a microSD card inserted (not slot radio card), does the player list all of the music on both internal and SD memory at the same time? Or is music organized separately, like "browse music on microSD card", "browse music internally"?

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 12
I have bought several refurbed Clip+ players without issue, for under USD$30. cheap as chips.

EDIT: to answer your memory question, the menu gives you two directories: internal memory and external USD card.

Jun 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 12
I have a refurbished 8 GB Fuze and a refurbished 4 GB Clip+ and I've not had a single problem with either of them. They're great little players in my eyes.

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #10 of 12
My main player is a refurbed Clip+.  Was dirt cheap and works like a charm.  Of course, there always lemons out there, but the Clip+ at any price is worth the risk, IMHO.

Jun 13, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
My main player is a refurbed Clip+.  Was dirt cheap and works like a charm.  Of course, there always lemons out there, but the Clip+ at any price is worth the risk, IMHO.

Yeah that's the beauty of it, even if the refurb craps out, I'm only $28 out of pocket, as opposed to $280 and I can always salvage the microsdhc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back