Refurbished cans need burn in or no?
Sep 13, 2008 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

my.self

500+ Head-Fier
so the title says it. i recently got a pair of hd595's and im not sure if i need to burn them in or not since there refurbished. i have less than 50 hours on them for sure.

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 6
Depends how they are refurbished (drivers replaced?), for how the previous owner have used it, ...
I personally would not care though. Just put on some of you favorite music and enjoy.
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Why not just use your head?
For example:
1. refurbished cans were returned due to broken driver, so Senn exchanged a driver(or maybe both).
2. only some outer parts(like headband) were replaced.
Go figure.

Also, there's a very bad tendency on head-fi lately: people(esp. newbies) seem very concerned with burn-in, cable replacement. Study the basics first, maybe you will never worry about burn-in or cables after that
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 6
Burn-in sounds like fun; however, I've never bothered with it. Just put it on and listen. Eventually, burn-in will happen. And you get to hear the changes along the way. Just take the trip dude.

Hey, enjoy those 595's. I have a pair and find them comfortable and quite musical. One of the nice things about them is that one can skip the headphone amp when listening to a portable audo device (I still use one, but have listened without and was pleased that the sound was good).

Cheers!

Sep 13, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not just use your head?
For example:
1. refurbished cans were returned due to broken driver, so Senn exchanged a driver(or maybe both).
2. only some outer parts(like headband) were replaced.
Go figure.

Also, there's a very bad tendency on head-fi lately: people(esp. newbies) seem very concerned with burn-in, cable replacement. Study the basics first, maybe you will never worry about burn-in or cables after that
wink.gif

X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back