Refund from Headfier
Oct 11, 2013 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

huckfinn

100+ Head-Fier
I apologize about posting this twice!!
I realized this is a better place to post this.

Hi everybody.
I need an advice on how to get about doing something here.
Basically: I bought an item from a headfier that isn't working as described. In fact the item does not work at all.
After contacting the seller and he trying to state that what I said above wasn't the case, he came around and admitted to the problems and that he's prepared to refund me if I send him back the item he sold me.

Now to my question: who sends what first?
Me the item or him the refund?

Many thanks for your replies.

Huck.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 5
With a normal retail transaction, you would send the product back and then get a refund once it was received. You could try asking for half the money to be refunded, then send the item and then get the rest.

I have a hard time understanding buy/sell transactions that go sideways. Sellers should be brutally honest about the item they are selling. Buyers should only buy if they fully understand the condition of the item. Both should act honorably and do the right thing. If you sell it, be honest. If you buy it, you bought it. It just shouldn't be this difficult!

Good luck.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 5
"If you sell it, be honest."
You're right. And thanks for the answer.
I asked because I've been disappointed with the seller and didn't won't that this would...happen twice, if you see what I mean.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 5
i guess you ship report to paypal first, then they will open a case, and request you send the item back
remember to use tracking number....full insurance coverage...
if item is expernsive...should add the Sign. Confirmation too
speically when the seller not honest about the return

once the item delivered, paypal should refund your money within 2 - 3 business day

hope this help & get your refund soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back