Redwine/Tomahawk Connector
Mar 6, 2007 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RCM

100+ Head-Fier
UE-10 Pros: ordered
Tomahawk: ordered
Redwine iMod iPod: ordered
Cable: ????

What cable do I use to connect the iPod and the Tomahawk?
They'll be piggybacked with velcro or whatever so I want a short a cable as possible that will connect them.

Don't mind spending some if it's worth it, but don't want to waste $ if it's not.

Side note: ALO was suggested by Vinnie at Redwine-do I need 18g, or would 22g be as good for this application?

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 10
Well, I'm a big fan of the 18gauge Jena Tech Cryo cable. Killer sound. I have the same rig you do and I highly recommend it for the setup you have. The three wire Jumbo Cryo will do you nicely, however you'll hear an appreciable difference moving to a four wire Jumbo Cryo mini to mini. You could also email Ken and ask him about a Jumbo X Cryo (two 18gauge Cryo copper strands and two strands of 20gauge silver insulated in cotton). With either one of those two mini's you would be at the very top of the highest mountain in terms of portable sonics.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Don't mind spending some if it's worth it, but don't want to waste $ if it's not.

With the distance between the amp and the ipod, you could go with 28 gauge and not notice a difference in sound quality.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 10
hey digihead, do you have the Jumbo X Cryo cable? if so, could you post some pics???

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey digihead, do you have the Jumbo X Cryo cable? if so, could you post some pics???

I have the Jumbo X Cryo dock to mini and its killer. I don't have pics, however if you look at the ALO cammo hats link below, the Jumbo X Cryo is the dock to mini in the right middle of the pic.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...42#post2734942

I asked Ken to build me a Jubo X Cryo mini to mini with right angle connectors that also insulates the silver in cotton. Unforunately, he didn't get the right angle connectors in prior to leaving for vacation. Can't wait to hear that cable.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 10
can't wait to read your impressions on them! and some pics as well! (that one on ALO is too small!)

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE-10 Pros: ordered
Tomahawk: ordered
Redwine iMod iPod: ordered
Cable: ????

What cable do I use to connect the iPod and the Tomahawk?
They'll be piggybacked with velcro or whatever so I want a short a cable as possible that will connect them.

Side note: ALO was suggested by Vinnie at Redwine-do I need 18g, or would 22g be as good for this application?

Dude, I recommend getting a Multi-Array made with Jumbo Cryo wire. Ken can make it short and heat it up and bend it so it will fit perfectly when you piggy-back the iMod on the TH. The Multi-Array sounds amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back