Redmi(Xiaomi) Bluetooth IEMs first time for me
Apr 25, 2023 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

xeizo

500+ Head-Fier
I always, and still, hated/hates IEMs as I have very sensitive ear cavities. However through the years I've had many since the first ones started appearing in the early eighties. But right now for a long time I haven't used any, until.

I had some freebie to spend at Amazon so I ordered a 20$ Bluetooth IEM set. Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Lite, I didn't expect much. The two latest IEMs I've used is the KZ-ZEX Pro and the Sony MDR-650AP both of which sounds ok but I have had a hard time to fit resulting in almost zero usage. But, these Redmi Buds 3 Lite fit like a glove! Amazing!

Buds 3 Lite is at the bottom end, only SBC support but at least BT 5.2 however as they did fit great the sound also became pretty good. Who could have thought, for 20$. Hmm.

So, as Xiaomi looks to have found the formula for comfortable IEMs I jumped at the latest offering from Redmi. The Redmi Buds 4 Pro for 69$, the extra 49$ provides BT 5.3, ANC with 6 mics and LDAC plus dual drivers a 6mm Titan HF driver and a 11mm aluminium LF driver. And it comes with app support. Plenty for the money.

While they didn't fit as great as the Buds 3 Lite FR became a little wonky but with LDAC it was worthwhile to use Wavelet to correct things, base SQ is pretty clean so a little work with EQ, limiter and bass tuner did wonders.

Works flawless with my Sony Xperia V MkIV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back