Red Wine Audio Signature 16
Mar 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

toschek

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone here own one of these? I'm looking for an integrated, I have a lot of 6922 tubes and this little guy seems perfect on paper plus I have read almost universal love for the previous generation, the Signature 15.

I would be buying with the integrated plus the headphone output and thus replacing my Lyr, but not the Bifrost, although I'm still going to wait for the Schiit integrated amp to completely make up my mind.

Its really down now to the Sig 16, Leben 300XS and Schiit whatever it's called at this point for my next upgrade. Although I must say, a big plus in Red Wine's favor is that I could preserve my current investment in 6922 tube types which undoubtedly would save me at least another $2k in either direction. I cannot resist the allure of tweaking, but it's not always the best thing for my finances ... I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

I know they both play nice with Zu speakers so I can check that off the list (speaking now of the Leben/RWA), and I also know the Leben does great with HD800s (mind you, not from personal experience but from the experience of people who's opinions I trust). So how does the Sig 16 measure up with HD800s, anyone out there able to say?

Between Leben, RWA & the upcoming Schiit stuff I'm feeling spoiled for choices :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back