Red Rose Headphone amplifier
May 3, 2002 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
Red Rose "Rosette 3" Headphone amplifier $1500

Two sets of ultra-clean stereo headphone outputs are provided with separate front panel volume volume controls. Low noise, wide dynamic range circuitry brings out the best from a range of dynamic headphones. In/out jacks enable the unit to be placed in series with line level devices with no addition switching.

Somebody knows this new ampli?

May 3, 2002 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 12
I have no experience with this amplifier, however if you're considering spending that much on a headphone amplifier I would reccomend that you look into the Headroom Max. That's an exceptional amp!

May 3, 2002 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 12
Yeah, but we'd all like to know how it performs.
wink.gif
As you may know, Red Rose is Mark Levinson's new company now that he is no longer affiliated with the company that bears his name. I don't know of anyone on these message boards who has heard the Red Rose headphone amp.

However, there are many well documented headphone amps available in the $2000-and-under category. Are you specifically considering buying the Red Rose?

May 3, 2002 at 8:38 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Yeah, but we'd all like to know how it performs.
wink.gif
As you may know, Red Rose is Mark Levinson's new company now that he is no longer affiliated with the company that bears his name. I don't know of anyone on these message boards who has heard the Red Rose headphone amp.

However, there are many well documented headphone amps available in the $2000-and-under category. Are you specifically considering buying the Red Rose?

I only know most of it prodcuts is Purchase in China but not made in it own production line !

May 3, 2002 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

As you may know, Red Rose is Mark Levinson's new company now that he is no longer affiliated with the company that bears his name.

Mark Levinson has not been associated with the company that bears his name for close to twenty years. He lost the rights to use his name as a brand name when he left his original company in the early 80s. His company prior to Red Rose was Cello.

May 3, 2002 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 12
Hirsch -- didn't know that! I was under the impression that that had happened recently for some reason, but clearly I was mistaken.

Joe -- are you absolutely sure? I remember allegations were being thrown around on Audio Asylum (and here) because of one particular photograph showing a Red Rose product using a chassis identical to a Chinese product. But has the rumor that many of the products are made in China been substantiated?

May 3, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Hirsch -- didn't know that! I was under the impression that that had happened recently for some reason, but clearly I was mistaken.

Joe -- are you absolutely sure? I remember allegations were being thrown around on Audio Asylum (and here) because of one particular photograph showing a Red Rose product using a chassis identical to a Chinese product. But has the rumor that many of the products are made in China been substantiated?

It's not a rumour, it's a fact. See this month's Stereophile for an interview with the man himself..

May 3, 2002 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 12
That's it, guys. We need to find some way to import this amp and Shanling CD players and other cost effective things from China.

May 4, 2002 at 3:18 AM Post #11 of 12
is anyone else having problems with KR's link? when i try it, i get: The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

Please check with the owner of the file then try again .

May 4, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #12 of 12
Indeed, it would seem that the Chinese are coming at the audiophile scene with a vengence. To my years....the Shanling rocks my world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back