Red House Painters
Feb 5, 2004 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

blipblop

100+ Head-Fier
Wow.

I implore all of you to download Songs for a Blue Guitar. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Feb 5, 2004 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 8
heh... i implore you to BUY the album if you like it so much. Mark Kozelek is not a very rich man...
wink.gif

anyway, you think that's good, try "Down Colorful Hill" and the two self titled albums.

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 8
Oh, I have! Sorry for sounding so callous. I just always assume that people do what I do - use downloads for preview and then purchase that which is good.

Feb 5, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by bong
heh... i implore you to BUY the album if you like it so much. Mark Kozelek is not a very rich man...
wink.gif

anyway, you think that's good, try "Down Colorful Hill" and the two self titled albums.

I enjoy all Mark's work.. but I would have to give the nod to SONGS FOR A BLUE GUITAR as my favorite RHP album. I haven't heard the entire Sun Kil Moon album, but the one track I did hear was very very good..

-jar

Feb 5, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 8
I was reading recently that they re-formed under some other name and have a new album out. Another great boozy San Francisco band and contemporaries are American Music Club, one of my all-time faves (also love Eitzel's solo work). AMC has also re-formed are touring and recording a new album. yay!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back