Red Hot Chili Peppers in Vancouver!
Sep 15, 2006 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

roastpuff

Headphoneus Supremus
Wow. I just went to my first-ever 1000+ people concert, and boy are my ears ringing!

Opening band was Mars Volta; they were alright but not one of my personal favorites.

When the Peppers opened with Can't Stop... the roof went on fire. Good Lord that was a good concert.

More tomorrow... class early. Have to sleep.

Sep 15, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 4
Did they play at GM Place? I hope you had Ety ER20 earplugs with you, although if you say your ears are ringing, I guess not.

I went to Yellowcard two weeks ago at UBC and it was probably sub 100 people. Quite a different atmosphere. At least I got to hang with the band after the show for like an hour and get autographs, pics, and just chat.

Sep 15, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 4
Congratulations. My first big rock concert of more than 1000 people was Metallica. I've never seen the Red Hot Chillie Peppers but glad you had fun.

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
Did they play at GM Place? I hope you had Ety ER20 earplugs with you, although if you say your ears are ringing, I guess not.

I went to Yellowcard two weeks ago at UBC and it was probably sub 100 people. Quite a different atmosphere. At least I got to hang with the band after the show for like an hour and get autographs, pics, and just chat.

Yep, they played at GM Place. I got the freebie earplugs that were provided for people who had tickets in the suites, but they cut out everything and made all the sound mumbly, so
mad.gif
I didn't put them on unless it was very bad.

My friend came through for me, so I got a free ticket provided by his father's company, who have a suite. It was excellent; very comfy!
tongue.gif
He only told me about the ticket 3 days before the show, so I didn't have time to order the Ety earplugs.

The Peppers alternated between the new songs from Stadium Arcadium and old songs that were crowd faves. People went wild for Californication, The Zephyr Song and Can't Stop. Snow(Hey Oh) was SO GOOD live! Bassist was insane, crazy good technique.

Lighting and sound were very well-done! The smart lights and the gobos were awesome... I wish my school had some like that! Couldn't identify what headphones the sound tech was using to monitor... too dark and too far away, even with binoculars. I could see that the bassist was wearing IEM's that went behind his ears, possibly UE, Westone or Shure I'm thinking. Clear cord. The other people had long hair, so it was really hard to tell :p!

At the encore... they came on and did By The Way, before segueing into several songs that I don't know. Then... Mars Volta's lead guitar came on, and they just jammed for the next 30 mins. It was nuts!

Such a good concert!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back