Red Dead Redemption 2
Oct 25, 2018 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

heliosphann

Headphoneus Supremus
It's almost upon us. Decided to upgrade to a PS4 PRO and got the RDR2 bundle.

Who's going to be playing???

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 15
Downloading it now,and looking forward to it. Im just about burned out(again)on Destiny 2,so this is coming at a perfect time.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 15
I am streaming it from my xb1 to my pc (when I want to play in the living room)... does that count? definitely a game improved by playing with good headphones. There is some subtle music work here (of course!)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 15
The lack of PC support is a real bummer. The game looks great but it isn't worth buying a PS 4 pro for.

I came across a video today reporting that the PC Version details have been leaked. I dont game on PC,so I didnt click on it,but a simple search on YouTube should get you there.

This game is very immersive. I actually feel a sense of community with the other NPCs,as well as with my horses. I need to unlock fast travel though as traveling in real time takes too long. The map is huge!

Oct 28, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 15
I came across a video today reporting that the PC Version details have been leaked. I dont game on PC,so I didnt click on it,but a simple search on YouTube should get you there.

This game is very immersive. I actually feel a sense of community with the other NPCs,as well as with my horses. I need to unlock fast travel though as traveling in real time takes too long. The map is huge!

Maybe i'll change my mind as I get further into the game but or now I am still tripping out on the cinematic travel mode

Oct 28, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 15
Maybe i'll change my mind as I get further into the game but or now I am still tripping out on the cinematic travel mode

Yeah,wait until you have a pristine animal skin on your horse while doing cinematic travel and then--WHAM-- you get attacked by bounty hunters or gang members and you die. You lose that pristine skin.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 15
I haven't played it myself, but heard that HDR actually looks worse (i.e., colors are muted) than SDR. Otherwise, the game is supposed to be superb.

I'll try toggling mine off and see, but it looks pretty damn good in HDR to me.

Oct 31, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #11 of 15
Yeah the first few hours are rather dull...walk for twenty minutes thru snow,then shoot wolves-blah.
Push thru. The game gets very entertaining once you get into chapter 2 and beyond.

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #13 of 15
I haven't played it myself, but heard that HDR actually looks worse (i.e., colors are muted) than SDR. Otherwise, the game is supposed to be superb.

Yea, apparently the HDR is completely fake on RDR2. SDR can be better, although the settings I had mine on they both looked about the same. Still, a shame Rockstar couldn't implement proper HDR. I tried another game with "real" HDR and you can really tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back