Red Baron stuffed pizza slices?
Apr 21, 2003 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

pj325is

Head-Fier
Anyone had em? ...the commercial looks pretty good, for anyone who hasn't seen the commercial they are basically triangle hot pockets. Every stuffed sandwich i have ever had can't compete with the almighty hot pockets..except croissant pockets which are made by the same people.

A detailed review comparing the stuffed pizza slices to hot pockets would be super
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2003 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 14
Havent had these yet, not sure if they are availiable in Michigan yet.
How about a thread for the best frozen pizza. I realize that may be a minimal rating, but hey, sometimes we all might not have the choice of the real thing.
That said, the Red Baron Breakfast Pizza's are pretty tasty, though with toppings like eggs, bacon, sausage, country gravy and biscuit crust, I dont suppose most would truly consider them a pizza.
The DiGiorno and Freschetta frozen pizza's that rise in the overn would be pretty good if their sauce wasnt so bad. Bad sauce can destroy even an otherwise perfect pizza.

Apr 22, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 14
pj325is, hey man I live 2 miles east of McDonald's.
I've had the 5 cheese variety and it's not bad. I'm not too into Hot Pockets, the ham and cheese is ok though, but I would get the Baron's pizza slices again.

Apr 22, 2003 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 14
Yea, Mr. Driver, Boboli isn't too bad. But it is unfortunate that they don't make a whole wheat crust. I've made pizza from scratch before, the hardest part is getting the dough right. There used to be a show called the Pizza Chef, all he did was make pizzas. He was into the more gourmet stuff like pesto sauce and he'd always use a pizza stone in the oven.

Apr 22, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 14
I like to make little pizzas by toasting a split English muffin, adding a good sauce, Mozzarella cheese, and whatever toppings sound good at the moment.

I've never encountered any frozen pizza that compares!

wink.gif

Apr 22, 2003 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 14
Freschetta makes great frozen pizzas...I like the four cheese pizza...but it's a bit expensive ($5.99)...

Jeno's is great if you're slumming....it's like 99 cents..

Apr 22, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 14
freschetta is pretty good for frozen, although you do have to overcook them quite a bit. Hey, i've got to have some pride in my home town food (Half the frozen pizzas in the country are made in wisconsin)

Apr 23, 2003 at 5:49 AM Post #10 of 14
and the other half is made in my home town. My dad used to work for the main Tony's pizza plant, which also makes the red baron and frescheta's.

You can get a whole case of rejects for pretty cheap too.

Apr 24, 2003 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by dohminator
and the other half is made in my home town. My dad used to work for the main Tony's pizza plant, which also makes the red baron and frescheta's.

You can get a whole case of rejects for pretty cheap too.

I shudder to think what "rejected" frozen pizzas must taste like!

Apr 24, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall
I shudder to think what "rejected" frozen pizzas must taste like!

ditto, can't imagine there being anything worse than the frozen pizzas that actually make it to supermarket freezers...besides (and this comes from a guy with the merest of culinary skills), making good bruschetta is easy: grab a few jars of antipasto from your favorite Italian store, slice a crusty loaf in half, drizzle on some olive oil, add the antipasto, oregano, parsley and perhaps a bit of cheese and shove the whole thing in the oven for a few minutes.

- w

Apr 24, 2003 at 5:12 AM Post #13 of 14
Rejects are just pizzas that didn't have enough pepporoni, or the pepperoni wasn't spread out evenly. They are perfectly normal pizzas, but they just aren't good enough to be sold retail.

They haven't sat out all day, and the dough and ingredients aren't messed up, just the presentation isn't good enough.

Apr 24, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #14 of 14
Ech1!! Those Red Baron pockets SUCK. I love Hot Pockets, but all their knock off competitors taste like ****. This remains true for the Red Baron pizza ****bags.

Figaro's has the best cheap pizza in my area. I might get a job there, even, because it's 1000 feet away from my school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back