Recs for new IEMs wanted! (Budget: €200/~£165/~$225)
Sep 4, 2016 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Carrow

500+ Head-Fier
Soooo my Hifiman RE-400 Waterlines were stolen last night. Eight hours after I bought 'em. Yep. I was at a gig and had them in for most of it for noise protection, but I left them down on my seat to go over and ask for a setlist (I got one), and uh, didn't realise I actually hadn't collected them before I'd been in the car for 20 minutes. Cue some very frustrated swearing.

I have a pair of Soundmagic E50 'phones at the moment. I got the Waterlines at a place that took me almost 2hrs to get to, on the outskirts of Dublin. Barely had a chance to break them in before this happens. Rang the venue earlier and there was no sign of them. Welp. So much for that €60 I spent on an open-box pair!

So I'm hanging on to the Soundmagics, but ideally I want to have them as my backup pair in case, well, anything happens to my primary pair; or vice-versa, as the case may be. This is where you guys come in.

I want to strike a balance somewhere between high-end and budget IEMs. My upper limits are €200/~£165/~$225 as mentioned in the thread title. I have on my radar such models as:

Westone UM Pro 10s / Westone W10s
Shure SE315s / maybe even the SE425s if I can find a good deal?
ADV Alphas 
Sony MDR-EX650s
Some class of Sennheiser IEs
Fidue A73s
Trinity Phantom Sabre

That's a lot of choice and more than I ever seemed to have at the cheaper end of the scale. Can't possibly choose myself - could you lot recommend me one of these, or even a pair I missed? Thanks <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back