Record stores in Denver?(new or used)
Aug 5, 2006 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tom hankins

Headphoneus Supremus
My girlfriend is going to be in Denver for a week and have some time on her hands to go record shopping. Any locations for good new or used vinyl? Thanks for any help.

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 10
Wax Trax - 620 E 13th - (303) 860-0127
Twist and Shout - 300 E Alameda - (303) 722-1943

These are shops that I've personally been to. I pulled a search on dexonline and found a couple other shops too:

http://dexonline.com/servlet/ActionS...86&refine=true

Happy shopping!!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for the help!

Aug 5, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 10
Looks like she will hit three for sure and maybe four stores while shes there. Wax Trax, Twist and Shout, Black and Red, and a side trip to Ft. Collins to The Finest. I think she will also try to get a tour in with Mikhail at Singlepower if possible. Thanks again.

Aug 6, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 10
I don't remember the drive between ft collins and denver being 3 hours when I was traveling between home and college, but that was '88 too; more like 90 min - 2 hours

anyway mapquest and dexonline estimate a little over an hour, but there seems to be road construction all over colorado right now so proper planning wouldn't hurt anyone

Aug 6, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #7 of 10
I wasn't going off MapQuest. More like the actual time spent in traffic trying to get between Denver and Fort Collins, especially during rush hour.
wink.gif

If there's no or very light traffic, it'd be just under 2 hours.

Aug 6, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #8 of 10
with a 3 hour drive, a ft collins trip would be best planned out as a good day's trip......

I'm looking to go up north and check out The Wright Life while i'm in fort collins myself......

Anyway, I hope she enjoys her stay here in colorado!

Aug 6, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #9 of 10
Shes going to squeeze in whatever she can. She is a vinyl junkie and between us we try to catch as many used record stores as we can around the country, when we have the chance. We took a vacation to the Boston area a few months ago and picked up around 500 albums. I hope she can find at least 80-100 we are wanting on this trip. I wish I could have gone with her since I lived in Estes Park years ago. We are trying to schedule Chicago, and Austin together before the end of the year. Then hopefully, San Diego together in the spring. Some time in there she has a trip for work to San Fransisco planned so she will have a good time hunting vinyl there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back