Record Stores in Chicago?
Jul 31, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Hey Freddy,
It's 318 NORTH Laflin st.
biggrin.gif

I did see Bes this week and he is very cool. I took the tour and found some good deals in the return / discount bin.
TR

Hey! Billy and I were just there last Friday! I was okay, walked out with just a DCC and a MFSL, but Billy left like a bandit lol. Very cool place, I will go back of course
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #32 of 39
Yeah that place is weird..just not the normal shop...more like a wharehouse!

The people there were awesome! they were so helpful and nice.
I felt like I was walking in a office/wharehouse and I was just on a tour.

Recstar messed me up, he comes up to me with like 6 gold cds so I thought hey he is spending some money so why not...

then in the end he walks out with two gold cd's and I walk out crying from the damage I have done to my credit card..hahahaha

Its a cool place But I am scared of going back, I need to keep away from Todd and these shops until I atleast get my room put back together!

NO ROlling stones Ryan!!!! NOOOOOOOO, atleast until my room comes together..hehehehe

Jul 31, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
Hey Freddy,
It's 318 NORTH Laflin st.
biggrin.gif

I did see Bes this week and he is very cool. I took the tour and found some good deals in the return / discount bin.
TR

Ok guys,you might have guessed I'm terrible with adresses. I just kinda find my way around and rarely even look at them. I'm a Firefighter,we just look for the smoke
biggrin.gif

Bes is the man,ain't he?

Jul 31, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #34 of 39
Billy, you went to Beverly Records? That's a cool place isn't it? The black guy with the strange voice is amazing(his name is Jay,I think). John_jcb and I were there and we had fun grilling him about some rediculous titles and we never tripped him up. He knew them all,down to the release dates and personnel. You can certainly go broke in there.

The really amazing thing about that place is that they have so many records that they no longer buy collections or even leave the store to buy records. This is why I think the South side of Chicago might be the greatest untapped source of records around right now. When I had my record buying flyers circulating (I don't have anywhere to keep more records now) I had oK luck on the northside but the one month I had them up on the southside,I found five amazing stashes and bought them all. Beverly Records has pretty much had the entire Southwest side of the city to themselves for the last 15 years.

Aug 17, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Hey! Billy and I were just there last Friday! I was okay, walked out with just a DCC and a MFSL, but Billy left like a bandit lol. Very cool place, I will go back of course
biggrin.gif

I worked every day of my two week trip
mad.gif
, so I did a reconnaissance of the area off business hours, just in case I get a chance to visit next time.

Is it just an anonymous warehouse with a steel door?

Otherwise, I can't complain. The Hotel (Sutton Place) had a half-decent Onkyo Tuner and CD player with TEAC speakers. Much better than the usual clock-radio.

Aug 17, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #37 of 39
well I had the wrong directions to reckless on milwakee..not sure what I was thinking but I called them a few times and got to the target..

They have little vinyl but the vinyl they had was pretty nice. I picked up some weird stuff, I love vinyl for this. I picked up Frank Valdor's "rubber boat party..lol I love the back of the cover (pictures a dude blowing a trumpet in a lake with 5 topless chicks surronding him). I also got the orig mo/st to "live and let die" cause of the cover. I found a near mint Alberta hunter "amtrak blues" (my second copy on vinyl)....

I think reckless was cool to say the least, well worth the trip.
I walked out with some money left to so...but I am saving it for when TTVJ comes into town..hehe
BTW: the girl that works behind the counter is super cute, older but still super cute

Users who are viewing this thread

Back