Record Store Day 2012
Apr 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

scud80

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody else going out for this on Saturday?  I think I'm gonna have to ditch work or I'd miss all the goodies.  I have about 10 releases on my shopping list (mostly reissues, but a few new things too).  I'm also looking for a fellow board member in Europe to maybe help me pick up 2manydjs' "As Heard on Radio Soulwax Pt. 2" (posted a wanted ad for it and everything).  A few of the things I want to pick up:

Feist/Mastodon split 7"
McLusky - McLusky Do Dallas (white vinyl reissue)
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come (red vinyl reissue)
The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends 2xLP
LCD Soundsystem - Losing My Edge 12" (reissue)

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Hell yeah......there are 3 independent record stores within 30 minutes of me and all of them are having big promotional days. Here is a partial listing of the kind of things going on in my neck of the woods.....

- Open from 8 am - 11 pm
- In-store performances starting at 6 pm and running consecutively with:
- Pizzas will be served at 12 pm until they're gone & free drinks all day!
- Great sales and more:

-free giveways - look for the specially marked RSD cases and win a free goody bag!!

-over 500 new arrival USED LPs will be available for $9.99 (classic rock, to metal, to jazz and blues)

-sales on esoteric record labels - ecm, reel time, kismet, bear family, blue note, impulse jazz, sundazed, raven and more!!

-unique Beatles items on sale

-check out our jackWHITEstripes display for vinyl sales!!

-check out the metal section for unique thrash/death metal vinyl seven inches from the 80s and 90s!!

-many RUSH titles on sale!! look for the special RUSH sale are!!!

- 10 hand-made designer LP Storage Racks will be available
- CD/Vinyl/T-shirt prize package giveaways throughout the day!

-10% off your purchase with a cat/dog food donation to the Humane Association

Users who are viewing this thread

Back