Record Store Day 2011 ~ April 16th
Apr 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SoupRKnowva

Headphoneus Supremus
So i cant believe that we dont have a record store day thread in here yet! but anyways just got back from mine, and figured id post my loot. Luckily i saw a friend post about getting to his store early and waiting in line on Facebook, cause i was just planning on going after they opened. I got down to my local record store here in Dayton OH, Omega Music, at around 930, and they didnt open till 11, needless to say, i started the line. I only wanted a couple things, i wanted the lady gaga picture disc vinyl, Adele's single, and the Job For A Cowboy vinyl's. They only had one lady gaga vinyl, a couple adele's and then they didnt have Job For A Cowboy at all. But i got some of what i wanted.

So what are your guys's record store day stories??

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 7
I haven't been on in a while but I came to check out what everybody got for RSD 2011. I can't believe this thread just started today. My store here in Des Moines (ZZZ Records) was packed. I showed up about 15 minutes before open and there were at least 100 people in line already. Luckily I got everything I wanted, maybe I like all of the unpopular artists?

Anyway, I picked up the Rhymesayers Picture disc sampler, Paul Simon's new release; "So Beautiful or So What", the Foo Fighters cover album; "Medium Rare", and the re-release of the Greatful Dead's album "The Greatful Dead" in original mono on 180 gram vinyl.

ZZZ also gave out a great gift bag with some posters and stickers plus about a dozen sampler CDs from local and indie labels. I can't wait to listen to everything!

Happy Record Store Day!

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 7

I got nearly everything I wanted (which was obviously a lot).  Missed out on Pink Floyd 66/67 and The White Stripes.  Passed on Foo Fighters "Medium Rare" (even though it was on my list).  That will likely be my one regret.  C'est la vie.

Apr 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 7
^nice scores ($!!)...wanted the Nirvana but didn't stand a chance.  I picked up the Big Star - Third (test pressing) - which is incredible sounding, Sonic Youth - Whore's Moaning, Polvo - Celebrate the New Dark Age (juicy package in lithographed sleeve and signed by the whole band), POS/William Elliot Whitmore split 45, Wild Flag 45, and F*cked Up's David's Town lp.  A good day indeed.

really wanted that Superchunk/Coliseum split too!

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 7
Ha!  So funny.

I suppose the Nirvana was hard due to demand, but your Big Star pick is certainly a more limited run.

On an awesome note, I walked into a store on my way to work... just to see what might not have been picked up.  Guess what, my regret was erased as they had one last copy of "Medium Rare."  Suh-weet.

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 7
Was surprised when I got to the local record store early and there where 100 people ahead of me. Ended up getting the new Robbie Robertson and Paul Simon on vinyl. Went to another store later in the afternoon and got the Syd Barrett but that's about it. Noticed the Pink Floyd release is selling for 49.00 on Ebay

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #7 of 7
I'll take Gorillaz, Nickel Creek, and the Tron OST off of your hands, you know, if you wanted... Looks like a lot of vinyl to take care of.

Quote:

I got nearly everything I wanted (which was obviously a lot).  Missed out on Pink Floyd 66/67 and The White Stripes.  Passed on Foo Fighters "Medium Rare" (even though it was on my list).  That will likely be my one regret.  C'est la vie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back