Record Brushes
Feb 15, 2010 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

blmelon

100+ Head-Fier
Feb 15, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 13
I actually still prefer the old Discwasher brush for the pre-play brushing. I have never liked carbon-fiber brushes.

The Discwasher brushes have to be bought on EBay though - since they are out of production. They are easy to get though.

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 13
after I use my VPI 16.5 RCM.....I use the carbon-fiber by Hunt or acoustech.....If I were you and you don't have any brushes I think I would try that new "big record brush"....Sorry skylab I never had any luck with the "Dishwasher" brush, kinda stiff!!!

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 13
I of course only use the Discwasher brush dry - like you, I clean all my records on the VPI 16.5 first
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 13
I didn't think that the carbon fiber brush I had got rid of dust enough - and also it shed some fibers, which I wasn't keen on.

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 13
blmelon, If you can scrape up 45-50 bucks I would get an "Orbitrac 2" it's a damn good hand held record cleaner for those who don't have a WET VAC RCM.....google it or check with "music direct" or "Todd the Vinyl Junkie" It comes with two spray bottles filled with cleaner fluid and a nice velvet type pad that you hold lightly on your LP as it rotates on your table.......When you clean your LPs you are really saving wear on your Lps and your cartridge.........Do some reading on the brushes, I bet Radio shack might even have one or 2............Remember your Lps might become hard to replace......

Feb 16, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 13
I use the carbon fiber brush just before needle down. You can ground the metal of the brush handle to the record peg. It will ground on most machines. Not sure of my new one, I don't think the VPI peg is grounded.

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great Choice!!!! Enjoy your "BECK" LP

Indeed! I had no idea that there is an audiophile pressing of Sea Change.A worthy candidate, certainly; there's so much going on in that mix.

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed! I had no idea that there is an audiophile pressing of Sea Change.A worthy candidate, certainly; there's so much going on in that mix.

agreed. one of my favorite beck albums and my first MFSL pressing. uber jazzed for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back