Reconsider Bieber
Apr 13, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #31 of 35

Quote:
I think Bill Hicks expressed my sentiments well...

lmao i like bill hicks. he is funny and i agree with what he has to say.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #32 of 35
It doesn't matter if Bieber has talent or not as long as he(?)'s not showing any of it. Another dime a dozen pop artist, big deal. My sister, for example, sings way more beautifully, and of way more important matters/subjects.

Another good example of a modern talented singer/writer/musician would be Agnes Obel. Bieber is nothing compared to real artists.

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #33 of 35
LOL, my brother walked into my room and i was listening to some Brian McKnight and he was like thats not what 15 year olds listen to. I do listen to pop music (by todays standards) but none of that is recorded (except a few) like it was in the ol' days and that music is what sounds the best, that is why i listen to it but the truth of the matter is, alot of its about love
confused.gif

I would strongly recommend you pick up the following albums:

Zeppelin IV (Led Zeppelin)
Back in Black (AC/DC)
Paranoid (Black Sabbath)
Master of Puppets (Metallica)

Might open a whole new world. :D

EDIT: And to blow your mind, Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Wish You Where Here, and Meddle (and anything else Pink Floyd).

I'm only 17 and I've grown up listening to all of that... makes me wonder why nobody else has.

However:
Back In Black only gives half the story, you need to throw some Bon Scott at him too
Zeppelin IV is probably behind the excitement (speed) of the original Led Zeppelin and I think I like Physical Graffiti the best.
Yes to the Sabbath, but there's some great Dio era stuff too (not quite the same as the AC/DC scenario, but there is another side to Sabbath with Dio at the helm)
And Metallica, for a pop fan right now, ween him off it with Metallica rather than MoP. Then you can hit him with anything but Death Magnetic :p

And amazingness exists anywhere Pink Floyd is. DSotM is a classic and must be heard.

Nice to see someone under 20 is actually still listening to "the devil's music". :D

My initial list was a starting point....from there there is a whole new world of great '60s and '70s rock to discover.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #34 of 35
Classics are great, but a lot of modern musicians are doing things right as well:
Get some Radiohead, Mars Volta, Muse, Black Keys, Boards of Canada, and Flying Lotus too :) or some old school Can, and Soft Machine.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, my brother walked into my room and i was listening to some Brian McKnight and he was like thats not what 15 year olds listen to. I do listen to pop music (by todays standards) but none of that is recorded (except a few) like it was in the ol' days and that music is what sounds the best, that is why i listen to it but the truth of the matter is, alot of its about love
confused.gif

I would strongly recommend you pick up the following albums:

Zeppelin IV (Led Zeppelin)
Back in Black (AC/DC)
Paranoid (Black Sabbath)
Master of Puppets (Metallica)

Might open a whole new world.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: And to blow your mind, Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, Wish You Where Here, and Meddle (and anything else Pink Floyd).

I'm only 17 and I've grown up listening to all of that... makes me wonder why nobody else has.

However:
Back In Black only gives half the story, you need to throw some Bon Scott at him too
Zeppelin IV is probably behind the excitement (speed) of the original Led Zeppelin and I think I like Physical Graffiti the best.
Yes to the Sabbath, but there's some great Dio era stuff too (not quite the same as the AC/DC scenario, but there is another side to Sabbath with Dio at the helm)
And Metallica, for a pop fan right now, ween him off it with Metallica rather than MoP. Then you can hit him with anything but Death Magnetic
tongue.gif

And amazingness exists anywhere Pink Floyd is. DSotM is a classic and must be heard.

Nice to see someone under 20 is actually still listening to "the devil's music".
biggrin.gif

My initial list was a starting point....from there there is a whole new world of great '60s and '70s rock to discover.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:
?, why permaban, i did nothing wrong? 

You did nothing wrong, let us all rejoice in the beauty of what we call music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back