Recommended upgrade for my Pandora Hope/Sonorous VI
Jun 1, 2017 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Tim Le

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, my birthday is coming up, so I thought I'd treat myself to a headphone upgrade.

My favorite headphone that I own is Final Audio's Sonorous VI, but they're rather uncommon and not too many people have heard of them. I was hoping that those of you who've had the pleasure of owning/listening to them can recommend me an upgrade. I like that the bass is slightly elevated, the mids are intimate, and the treble is ever so slightly rolled off (I am a tad treble sensitive). If I could improve anything, I'd want a wider and deeper sound stage as well as airier highs.

I guess what I'm looking for is an open back Sonorous VI :)

As a side note, I've tried the LCD-2.2f. Compared to the Sonorous VI, I felt like the mids were way too recessed to the point where they were hollow sounding (timbre of certain instruments were plastic-like/small nuances in vocals were nowhere as detectable compared to the Sonorous VI).

I've read that the LCD-3 might be more what I'm looking for, but I'm open to any other suggestions. Thanks in advance for all your imput, have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back