Recommended speakers and sub for the price point
Aug 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

michael94

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from a set of $40 set of speakers and sub to something a little better. I'm not familiar with speakers or how to select them, etc. They will be on my desk and the sub will be on the floor in the corner. I mostly listen to music (no specific genre) and play video games (i really like to feel the explosions in games like bf3). I'm on a budget ($300-$350) so i need the best bang for your buck kind of set up. I can get a set of energy veritas v-mini for about $100, although i'm not sure of they are good or not. Can anyone recommend a set of speakers or sub or put their input on the veritas mini's. Thanks for any help.

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Energy Veritas V-Minis are very good smaller satellite speakers. If that's what you need, go for it. That's a good price. If you can step a little more on speaker budget, the Cambridge Audio S30s are a really nice set of speakers for their price. They'll have better mid bass, which is better for music AND explosions :wink:

Do you already have an amplifier for them yet? Something to power them? You'll need that. If so, get a Topping TP21 or Indeed TA2021 t-amp. Then a Dayton SUB 1000 or SUB 1200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back