Recommended Soundcard or DAC for video listening and gaming
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 18
I've seen some used ones pop up here recently in the for-sale forums. I just did a quick amazon/newegg search and I'm not finding any results. Perhaps creative has stopped production on these? My bad man, I haven't really been in the marker for a sound card in a while. If you do some across one though you can probably get it new for $130-$150 USD and less than $100 USD used.

You might want to take a look around forums on some PC sites that can give you feedback on more current edition sound cards before making your choice.

- Roy

No worries Roy, thanks a lot for your help. I'll try and see if I can get one sub-100 if not I'll get the Xonar Phoebus.

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #18 of 18
I've seen some used ones pop up here recently in the for-sale forums. I just did a quick amazon/newegg search and I'm not finding any results. Perhaps creative has stopped production on these? My bad man, I haven't really been in the marker for a sound card in a while. If you do some across one though you can probably get it new for $130-$150 USD and less than $100 USD used.

You might want to take a look around forums on some PC sites that can give you feedback on more current edition sound cards before making your choice.

- Roy

Thank you Roy, no worries really. I've ordered a Creative Sound Blaster Z online for 79$ and I'm waiting to see how it performs. I should have it around the 10th of July. If you guys have tricks you think I should know about that particular card or any sound card in general please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back