Recommended shopping course #1
Nov 28, 2007 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sasaki

500+ Head-Fier
Upon reading on the forum, I sometimes found travelling headfiers seeking shops around Tokyo.
I offer you this headphones journey to take a short cut of headphones hunting in Tokyo area.

First, go to Akihabara(秋葉原) station. Then visit Dyna 5555 first floor. It's within walking distance.
After that, take some walk toward Ochanomizu(御茶ノ水) station which is next to Akihabara. Near the gate of Kanda-myojin shrine(which is the guardian god of Tokyo), you can find newer Refino&Anhelo high-end store. visit 2F of the store.
Then take a walk again to Ochanomizu-station and if you have reached the station, visit Audio Union 4th floor near the station.
Go back to Ochanomizu station and take Chuou-line(orange colored train) toward Takao(高尾)/Shinjyuku(新宿) direction(Kudari/下り). You can also take yellow colored sobu-line but this is local train and stops every station. Chuou-line is express train and it skips some minor stations that means faster.
Get off at Nakano(中野) station. Go to Nakano-broadway shopping mall and visit Fujiya-Avic at 3rd floor of the building.

When taking a train, foreigners may confuse as there are no absolute direction to indicate train destination.
For example, we do not say west/east-bound or north/south-bound, instead we use Nobori(上り) or Kudari(下り) to indicate direction.
Nobori means up stream and it means up stream (come close) to Tokyo station. The center of all Japanese train stations is Tokyo station because Tokyo station is just next to Imperial palace. So it's the same thing to come close to the Imperial palace.
Kudari is opposite, away from Tokyo station.

*originally posted in Oct 11,07

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Sasaki-san,

Arigatou Gozaima****a! I live in Kobe and recently made a trip to Tokyo for a conference. I was able to visit some nice audio stores with your advice. Actually, I used to live in Nakano and knew exactly where Fujiya Avic was. What a great place. Unfortunately, when I lived there, I was not into headphones yet.

I have a question, if you dont mind. Have you ever ordered electronic equiptment (such as headphone amp) or cables and headphones from US or Europe? Or perhaps purchased a used product from the For Sale forum? I am curious about the additional customs charges and how much they are.

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Correction: Arigatou Gozaima****a

(I dont know what happened in my previous post. It looked okay going out.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back