Recommended setup for Sleek Customs
Jan 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jtgamble

New Head-Fier
I've decided to get some Sleek Customs but am wondering how I should have them setup, if you could be so kind as to advise as you have so graciously done so far!

I listen to a LOT of different music, as well as spoken word stuff. To give an idea, the last several things on my playlist were:

Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
Yo-Yo-Ma - Bach Cello Suite No1 in G Major Prelude
T.I. - Live Your Life
Regina Spektor - The Call
MGMT - Time To Pretend
The Submarines - You Me and the Bourgeoisie
Coldplay - Lost?
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
Billy Ocean - Red Light Spells Danger

So, as you can see, a fairly wide variety, so I don't really want them setup to play best with any specific type of music. I definitely want to know the bass is there, but I don't want it to overwhelm (which from what I've read shouldn't be a problem from these). I'm thinking of the Bass+ and Treble+. Think this would suit me well?

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 2
Most people find them a bit bass light, generally most get on with the bass+ treble+ option as i have done, seems to me from your music choice you should be fine, i have opted for this as i wanted an iem that worked with a wide variety of music.

Have a listen to duffy - rockferry, something tells me these iem's will love this album.

If your patient in a couple weeks i should have my customs, the impressions arrived a couple days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back