Recommended Reading
Mar 16, 2006 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
Just got the final part of the ADI "TRIAD" of free publications that i find to be invaluable additions to my electronics library :

"Mixed Signal Hardware and Housekeeping Techniques" by Walt Kester

this was added to the-

"Op Amp Hardware and Housekeeping Techniques" by Wlater G.Jung

and

"A Designer's Guide to Instrumentation Amplifiers 2ND edition" by Charles Kitchen and LewCounts

to make for a serious triple threat in mixed signal design and layout that no one should be without if they plan on doing their own layouts.Free to members of the trade and free to students and HIGHLY recommended reading

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 10
Is there a website these are available from or do we need to hunt them down in engineering journals?

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 10
Analog Devices man (ADI
icon10.gif
)

I am pretty sure the links are off the Analog Dialog section but if not punch in a search and if THAT does not work click "free samples" in the applicable section (Inamp for inamp guide,clock generation or DSP area for digital,opamp section for opamp guide) and the offer will be on that page and you will be led through the "steps" to order.

even if it says "firsr 300 replies" or something similiar go for it anyway and you will get your book.

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 10
<slaps forehead>

Got them all in PDF now. ADI doesn't fare well with free samples outside of the US. I had to pull teeth to get my last chips.

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Is this the first and second doc you refered to, Rick?

Yes but the actual print version soft cover book.A seriously nice addition to the library for folks like me who like to step away from the monitor scree for a good read
icon10.gif

Quote:

Got them all in PDF now. ADI doesn't fare well with free samples outside of the US. I had to pull teeth to get my last chips.

they are way better about their print media and will send data sheets,the Analog Journal (sign up for this guys,it is a gem and has ALL pre-production product annoincements plus great tips) and any speacial offers like the fomer "electronics geek" poster I linked to previously.

I can not remeber which actual steps i took to get mine but I will see what I can turn up then post the details

Rickasaurus Rex

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 10
BTW-as a teaser I have for some reason two extra copies of the "Designers Guide To Instrument Amplifiers"

The first two PMs takes them,going once,going twice..........
tongue.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #9 of 10
I don't think you quite understand how hard it truly is. All they do is display an error message and tell you to contact a company in Australia. It took me 2 emails and 2 phonecalls to get a single AD8620 sent out stickytaped to a business card.

This isn't your normal sampling service in Australia
frown.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

This isn't your normal sampling service in Australia

I guess not.Funny how some abuse the system sooo much here that ebay is full of "samples" for sale yet they cling to one or two as if the last on earth when it comes to other countries.Weird

Cuba i could understand
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back