Recommended online shop selling 230v STAX with shipping to EU?
Dec 21, 2008 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rmask

New Head-Fier
Hello,

please recommend me reliable shop, selling 230 Volt (eu) version STAX
SRS-4040II system (SRM-006tII + SR-404) and shipping to EU countries.

Wanna get me a balanced stax system for my bd present
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 8
Dec 21, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 8
With all respect to Krmathis I would not recomend this one. I made a purchase on ebay from them of a O2MK2 system and they refused to deliver. Afterwards they sent me an email offering to sell me the same for a much higher price. I ended up buying the same from the Norwegian distributor who was kind enough to deliver to Bulgaria.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 8
^ That don't sound too well I guess.
The truth is that there are very few online stores who sell 230v Stax gear. Probably because the competition from Japan is too hard. 1/2 price over there..

The guys at the Scandinavian distributor (TAA IMPORT) are über friendly and helpful. No online store though, so not filling the OP's request.

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 8
When I was trying to buy, I was just in the same position as rmask. When things did not work out with casque hifi. I asked here. Then I just sent emails to all Europe based distributors whose addresses I managed to find asking to sell a set to me since I did not have a local distributor in my country. Inside and outside EU. Actually a lot of them responded readily. I would whole heartedly recommend Tor from T.AA. Import in Oslo.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #7 of 8
Yes, this is the company. I believe they are not actually an online shop but the regional scandinavian distributor. I.e. selling online is not their regular line of business. However, Tor was very kind, prompt and correct in performing a delivery. I am in EU myself and this was not actually a problem.

Still, it seems to me that a problem might appear if you are located in a country that has its own distributor, in which case you will most probably be kindly directed to the latter.

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #8 of 8
I have the original poster same request here in Italy for 3050II system. Italian best price is 1.600 Euros, while from other sellers (uk, texas) the total price (taxes, shipping) would be around 1.100 Euros.

I don't consider PriceJapan (though i know it's recommended) because i don't want the voltage adapter.

I can't consider Tor because here in Italy we have the official Stax distributor.

So, summing up:

Buying from Italy, official distribution, 1.600 Euros.
Buying from Stax SRS-3050 II Classic System - Available From Stone Audio UK Ltd or Galen Carol Audio: Headphones about 1.100 Euros.

I've heard not good things from stoneaudio, anybody can confirm?

Any other idea or name or experience?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back