Recommended Non-isolating IEMs?
Feb 2, 2007 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

500+ Head-Fier
This may seem like an odd request, but I'm looking to pick up a pair of non-isolating IEMs.

I need something that will allow me to be aware of my surroundings and when someone is trying to get my attention. These will mostly be used at the office and when I'm over at the girlfriend's (she hates it when I use my E500). Headphones are too conspicuous and earbuds have never been comfortable for me, hence the request for an IEM.

I listen to a wide variety of music, from trance to pop/rock to hip-hop, so they need to be versatile. Budget is ~$100.

Any recommendations?

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 7
You are the definition of the target market for the Vibes. Very musical for your particular taste in songage. And they keep you in your environment albeit somewhat detached.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 7
V-Moda Vibes ($90) or JBL Reference 220s ($80)

There are a couple threads around here comparing them directly to each other. Vibes seem more popular but both have their fans. (I've got the JBL's)

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 7
The Vibes, for sure. I haven't heard the JBL's yet, but they're both the type you're looking for -- canal phones (not isolators, really) with sound that is a significant step up from the buds that come with players.

Feb 2, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Just put an order in for the Vibe.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Sony EX90's

or

Use your E500's with sony ex71/90 tips - that would be a whole lot cheeper and prob u get better sound to haha.

Have a look at my UM2 thread in my sig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back