Recommended MP3 players?
Nov 27, 2007 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

skellington

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone.
I wish to ask you for some advice. My friend wants to buy her boyfriend a mp3 player for christmas. She has asked me which one to get because he likes certain features on my iriver i340, namely the recording feature and drag and drop feature (ie no itunes).
I have a i340, it suits all my needs perfectly and I have not followed the mp3 player scene at all because I have no need to upgrade. However I know the i340 is now discontinued.
So my question or you is have you any other players to recommend? Are the subsequent iriver players of a similar quality to the i340? Or are there other makes that are better options?
Many thanks for taking the time to read this or reply.

May 8, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 9
I second the x5 recommendation. Provided you aren't looking for something stellar for video playback, you can't get a finer DAP. I love the UMS connectivity so that I don't have to manage it with some goofy software package. A simple folder sync or copy keeps my collection exactly as it is on my hard drive.

May 8, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bassoprofundo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second the x5 recommendation. Provided you aren't looking for something stellar for video playback, you can't get a finer DAP. I love the UMS connectivity so that I don't have to manage it with some goofy software package. A simple folder sync or copy keeps my collection exactly as it is on my hard drive.

Did you realize that the last post of the thread was in November 2007? I think that your reco came a little late....
wink.gif

May 8, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you realize that the last post of the thread was in November 2007? I think that your reco came a little late....
wink.gif

Holy thread necro, Batman!
tongue.gif

May 8, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 9
Wow.... Looks like I need to come out of the cave more often... or maybe just stay in... I don't even know how I got that far down into the the old threads... Must've clicked farther than I thought...

May 8, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 9
Holy thread resurrection!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back