Recommended IEM's for $100 or less?
Feb 5, 2012 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tkdboy007

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I've done a TON of research on my own and I can't seem to find ideal IEM for me!

I listen to all kinds of music excluding hard metal / screamo / hard rock and anything along those borders.  I am heavily focused on the voice clarity of songs and prefer mutual sound.  I like bass that is there, but not overwhelming nor giving me a headache.  I live in an extremely noisy environment, so noise-isolation would be ideal for me and not noise-cancelling.  If possible, the earphones can also be used for running on marathons as well without having to adjust it every minute.

My max budget is $100 US.

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions!  Thanks!

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 8
The Audeo Phonak 012 might suit you - do a search on this model and start reading up on others' comments and reviews.

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 8
The Etymotic HF3, HF5( very detailed in mids, highs and offers good bass response with great isolation), EX510, Brainwavz M4 are recommended

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #4 of 8
How about the RE0's......? The best under $100 IEM's I have ever heard....not like I have heard a lot.....but equal to my ER-4P's

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 8
i second the hf3 or hf5.  the atrios can also be had for 109.99 with shipping included, i know that you do not want overdone bass however the atrios accurately reproduce it, it is not bloated and has no midbass hump.  i havent had time to give them a long listen yet however it is easy to recommend them and you may want to check out some reviews on them.  check the deals thread for their promo code if you are interested for the price above which is 50 percent off. 

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 8
Another vote for the hf3 or hf5. I own an older pair of er6i's and they seem to fit you criteria too. Etymotic tends to have great noise isolation and stay in the ear well from my experience. Also take a look at the Klipsch Image S4. They've been getting pretty solid reviews as well.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 8
I say Atrio MG7. I've read a ton of great reviews on them, and I have a set coming in. Also, they're originally a $200 pair of IEMs that you can snag for $109 (shipping included) with the coupon code "CostProg50%."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back