Recommended headphones for SOHA II
Jan 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kjetinho

New Head-Fier
Hi

I've just finished building a SOHA II head-amp. I'm new to head-fi, so I'm wondering which phones people use on the SOHA II, and which I should steer clear of?

Thanks in advance

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjetinho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

I've just finished building a SOHA II head-amp. I'm new to head-fi, so I'm wondering which phones people use on the SOHA II, and which I should steer clear of?

Thanks in advance

Hi.

I am using the Denon AH-D5000 with the Markl mod and Jena ultra cable upgrade. I have also used the AKG 701 with great success, but needed closed cans due to my girlfriends dislike of my experimental jazz addiction. However my experience is that the SOHA II will drive almost any headphone you throw at it with very good results. What I have found to be most important is to match your tubes to your headphones so that you get the sound "flavour" you prefer. I am currently using Tesla E88CC Gold pins, and I am very happy with how they play my Denons. Defined and punchy bass, present midrange and a very airy and crystal high end. I think you can still get hold of a pair at hifisentralen.no.

Best regards, Darkhoek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back