Recommended headphones around £30-40 / $60-80
Dec 10, 2007 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ben Hudson

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I am by no means an audiophile, but my Philips SHE9500s (horrible) have begun to play up, so that has given me an excuse to upgrade them somewhat. In the past I have owned Sennheiser MX350s (very cheap, but very fond memories of them) and I have HD201s at the moment.
Much as I would love to splash out a few grand on a pair of headphones, I just can't justify it. Thus, I have set myself a rough limit of £40, about $80 nowadays. The sterling has probably given it away - I live in England, so something I could pick up from our awful supply of shops or the internet would be preferable.
The music I listen to is broadly metal, including everything from HIM to Lamb of God. I'm not some bass-head though, precise highs is the reason I am perfectly content with my £16 Senn HD201s for home use. Strong, clean bass is desirable, but I guess that goes for everyone.
Because I sometimes find myself in noisy environments, in-ear 'phones seem like the way to go. Noise-cancelling has attracted me in the past, but I don't fancy the heavy cancelling module and the batteries it needs, let alone the potential for distortion.
Essentially, what I am looking for is for your educated recommendations for headphones that have:
*A sub $80 price tag
*Availability in the UK
*Precise highs
*Crisp, satisfying bass
*Good sound isolation (probably)

Thank you very much if you are able to help me. If I have breached some etiquette by posting demands without helping others first, my apologies.
Ben

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Having said all of that, I have come across the Headphone Buyers' Guide, so this may not be needed anymore
smily_headphones1.gif

If anyone has any burning recommendations, feel free to post or PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back