Recommended exercise DAP with tactile controls...
Aug 3, 2007 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Illuminant Frog

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, just though I would throw this one out to you and see what you think. I have done the usual forum search and know there are a few threads similar to the one I am posting but I will go ahead anyway..

I have had a thorough look at the players that might be best suited to jogging and have thought up either the Clix2 or the Samsung YP-T9. Coupled with either a Koss Portapro or Sennheiser PX100.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts and if there might be a better player/headphone combination for jogging
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 16
I use a Sony NW-S706 (comes with noise cancelling earphones) for exercise and love it. The control system works well for exercise as it's pretty simple and doesn't require holding it in front of me to know what I'm doing.

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 16
how much space do you really need for exercising? if i were you, i'd get the zen stone. 1gb, cheap as they come for a quality product, easy tactile controls. no screen, but oh well.

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 16
Any screenless player, would be fine for jogging/exercise

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any screenless player, would be fine for jogging/exercise

for some yes. personally, i like to have a screen, should i randomly feel the need to listen to a particular song.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #11 of 16
Good suggestions. I don't particularly want a screenless player otherwise the first players I would have considered would have been the stone or shuffle. 4GB would be quite sufficient; anything below just seems a bit too low.

Thanks for your replies so far guys; they are very helpful

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

I have complained about players’ interfaces being too small for my larger than average hands, but the Zen V is surprisingly comfortable. I find it no more difficult to hold and use than players in the same class such as the Samsung Z5 or the SanDisk Sansa e200. Even though the Zen V is shorter than these players, the thickness provides more comfort when holding and operating the controls.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...lus-review.php

i have heard they can be a bit tedious to use. however, for something like running, i doubt it'll be too bad. it has dedicated volume controls and the joystick can go forward and backward easy enough, i assume.

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the Cowon Iaudio U3 also a good choice i think.
biggrin.gif

X2...Cowon U3...very easy to control at the gym with the joystick...plus it beats any player mentioned in this thread in sound quality...and it's built like a tank...beautiful little player...plays flac to..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back