Recommended entry-level portable amp for D2
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Megane

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!! I'd like to enter in the world of portable amp, to give a good boost to my beloved d2. But i'm totally newbie, so i'be very grateful if you can suggest me a good entry-level portable amp. For entry-level i intend a good, not too expensive amp (i can spend max 150$ probably just something more); Consider that i'm going to buy a good IEM, i'm not sure yet between UE triple hi fi 10pro or shure 530. What's the best possible combination in this range of price? And, above all, is it a worthy expense? Actually i use only a simple pair of creative ep630 and sennheiser cx300, with 300-350$ it'll be a huge improvement in the sq?
Thanks you all!

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 5
There are a few options, most in the used category to get you biggest bang for the buck. I would look for:

- Used Mini^3 by Rockhopper
- Used P3 by iBasso
- Used MiniBox-E+
- Used Meier Porta Corda 3
- Used Meier Headsix
- New PA2V2
- Used GoVibe versions 5, 6, or 7

Good luck.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 5
^what he said^ Those are all excellent recommendations. Be patient looking for the used amps - and then jump on it when you see one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 5
First of all, thanks a lot for the rapid and useful answer guys! I checked on internet (Ebay and sites) all this amp, here's my short considerations:
The PA2V2 is on ebay, new at 58%, very cheap, works with only two rechargeable stilos and lasts very long, according to the description. Besides it's black and very small, it's a good compain for d2 :) It's very tempting, i can say.
The rockhopper mini3 is beautiful, with its alluminium case, works with only 1 rechargeable battery (wow!), and overall it seems to be superior to the PA2V2, obiousvly the price also is higher (about 140$), but it seems really good.
The Ibasso P3 didn't tempt me very much, it uses 6 batteries and this is rather unconfortable, besides it price is a little too high to me.
The Meier Headsix is interesting, little, and very nice, price is rather high but it can be definitely a competitor. Same for Go vibe.
Finally, the choose for me is between PA2V2, Mini3, and Headsix.
So, i need your help now: according to your experience, what is the "warmer" between them? I'd like to add some color to the d2, which is fantastic but perhaps a little cold and analytic, and consider also the IEM i'd like to buy, triple fi 10pro or shure ep530. Excuse me for the long post and the bad english (i'm italian), i hope i was understandable. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back