Recommended Earbuds for Small Ears?
Nov 25, 2016 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hsiF

New Head-Fier
Can anyone recommend any earbuds for someone with small ears? My ideal pair was my old Sennheiser MX581's, but they stopped working a while ago and I haven't been able to find any new ones since. Sennheiser recommended the MX365 as the closest current product they offer, but I haven't seen anything good about those and I thought Sennheiser's smaller buds had a model # ending in 1 so not sure how they would fit. I've recently tried the Baldoor E100 which were a pretty good size (maybe could be a bit smaller) but the jack connector doesn't work with my phone, and I've tried the VE Monks but they are too big and make my ears hurt after a while. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 8
Anything that uses Yuin housings should work for those with smaller ears.

Yuin PK3 for around $30-40 or PK2 for around $60.

Or other makers that use the same housing: Erqu EQ100 (around $50 in total if you buy from Taobao using a Taobao agent).

Then of course there's Shozy Cygnus for around $80. I'd say Cygnus sounds the best out of the four. Then Yuin PK2 and Erqu EQ100 on around the same level.

Shozy just released a new flagship earbud: Shozy Stardust, and it's supposed to be a step up from Shozy Cygnus. But it costs $165...

Mar 4, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi, 

As per my opinion Shozy Cygnus is no doubt a good choice for small ears, however last time when I was using it some audio issue I faced and then thought to find some better option. I will check out the other recommended earbuds. Many thanks for that.

While browsing I also found a resource for some best earbuds for small ears and seems interesting to me, please go through and let me know if there are any earbuds that are really good choice. Here is that link: http://21bottle.com/earbuds-for-small-ears

~Lynn

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 8
Rock Zircons sound great, are built well, and are very tiny. I mean tiny (there's a shot of someone wearing them to give you an idea):

Even smaller are KZ HDS2, and they sound very close to the Rock Zircons:

Again, a shot of someone wearing them to give you a size idea. And look at the body size vs the silicone flange size to get an idea as to how small the HDS2 are.

The HDS2 use silicone flange tips, and the Zircons use standard silicone mushroom-style tips. Both have excellent sound at an incredible value. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with the Zircons because the build quality edges out the HDS2, the Zircon has a nicer cable & plug, and looks very sleek & sexy. The HDS2 are getting hard to find because they've been replaced by the HDS3 model (larger body), and the HDS2 uses a fairly large ear tip mounting flange so there are less tips that fit if you are into tip rolling. I am not a fan of flange tips, but I was able to find some Comply style memory foam tips that fit well.

You'll barely know either set is in. Great for small ears (not toddler sized ears, but my 13-yr old daughter has used both (Zircons & HDS2) because 90% of earbuds don't fit her ears well. She loves them both & uses them all the time.

HTH,
- Slater

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 8
Qian39 are very comfortable compared to mx housing, slightly smaller as well. They have a very popular sound signature amongst the users on headfi. I have to agree that the yuin/shozy style housings are also comfortable. I think if pressed i might say qian39 housing is better, i think its slightly smaller.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 8
+1 for earbuds with Yuin shells.

I just saw these on Penon new additions, I don't know anything about htem but it says "Mini" in the name so presumably they're small? :confused: http://penonaudio.com/MEMT-X3mini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back