Recommended Custom IEM? Mid-budget!
Apr 21, 2014 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TurbinePro

100+ Head-Fier
Just finished my over-ear headphone rig. And once that was in place...I suddenly lost appetite in my turbine pro coppers suddenly. Don't get me wrong, they are fabulous IEMs, and I really like them, they just (as of now) have to much bass for me.

I want to start looking for a custom pair of IEMs right now. Any recommendations on this subject? 

I am not sure about my budget yet. (I am a highschooler, so I don't have that much money to burn....) I do want my IEM's to be stylish of course... I want them to be rather balanced. I enjoy the Sennheiser sound, and I like genres from anime to light jazz to country to rock...

Suggestions PLEASE!!! I have no idea what i am getting into (similiar to when I first started with headphones)

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 4
I have heard that the JH 16's are quite nice and fit my budget around 1000 dollars. Anyone have any experience with those?

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 4
My only reservation about the JH16 for you is that a custom might not last real long for you as your ears still might change on you and a reshell might be required in less than 2 years - if cash is not an issue - go for it - if it is, maybe consider a Universal model of some of the customs available - the Noble universal line has some great options - also if the Coppers had too much bass - the 16's might be a bit bass heavy as well - I don't find them too bassy, but they are my ears - :D

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 4
  My only reservation about the JH16 for you is that a custom might not last real long for you as your ears still might change on you and a reshell might be required in less than 2 years - if cash is not an issue - go for it - if it is, maybe consider a Universal model of some of the customs available - the Noble universal line has some great options - also if the Coppers had too much bass - the 16's might be a bit bass heavy as well - I don't find them too bassy, but they are my ears - :D

haha, money certainly IS a factor for a 17 year old like me...... but around 1000 should be ok. You were saying the JH16's have similiar base compared to the coppers?

I don't dislike bass, I just don't like them covering up the other frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back