recommended cans
Jul 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BornHop72

New Head-Fier
Hey guys i am looking at getting my first set of over the ear headphones and would like some recommendations on what to get.
I listen to a range of music but the main genres are hip-hop, rap and dubstep. i want a set of headphones that have deep base but not so bad it over powers the song its self. the max i will spend is $350. I am currently looking at SOL republic ultras!! and would like some opinions on them. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #2 of 6
Well I may be wrong, but the Sol republic ultras are on ear headphones, plus they are more of a fashion accessory than a good pair of headphones. If you are looking for over ear headphones with deep bass I think the Vmoda m100 would suit you.

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 6
V-Moda M100, look no further. They stomp all over the Sol republic tracks HD (which I had previously).

If you're ok with an open back,DT990 (or DT770), they do however need a good amp to shine.

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Any $350 headphone will benefit hugely from amping. Be prepared to spend at least $150-300 on amping and about as much on a dac as well. Besides the headphone.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the recommendations... does anyone know where i would be able to get these in australia. i have also been looking at the sony MDR-1R or would i just be paying for the brand name.

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the recommendations... does anyone know where i would be able to get these in australia. i have also been looking at the sony MDR-1R or would i just be paying for the brand name.

MDR-1R is a great choice, don't get the NC or Bluetooth versions if you're looking into buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back