Recommended burn-in for DT-440?
Jul 14, 2004 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tooch

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-440's, I am fairly impressed with them out of the box, but I am hoping they slightly increase with burn in.
Basically, I want to know the best way to do this, I have read the FAQ but want to know how long etc. these particular headphones take in peoples experiences?

I have had them on for 10+ hours today playing Underworld 1992-2002, at a medium-loud volume level from the headphone out on my old Pioneer PD-103 cd deck.

Anyone burnt a pair of these in before?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Burn-in process is always the same.
Normal method: Just listen, don't do anything special
"Fast" method: Normal or slightly (!) higher volume playing bass heavy tracks nonstop ... but you don't NEED to do that!

-Taurui

Jul 14, 2004 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks guys, haha I guess I'll just listen and be patient, im just always trying to speed things up
smily_headphones1.gif

Simon

Jul 14, 2004 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 5
the bass on mine when i first bought them seemed rather stiff, it didnt have much character but until now i havnt believed in burning in much but i guess this is an example that has convinced me it works. Mine settle down after about 24 hours non stop music but the character seemed 2 change every so slightly after that even.

cheers
-jake
PS: wot are some of your first immpressions of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back