recommended $100-150 headphones?
Jul 31, 2004 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

dassbaba

New Head-Fier
Ive looked over all of the required threads mind you, but i'm still troubled over what headphones to purchase with my "limited budget"
frown.gif

Money doesent come easy, so i'd like to get as much information as i can when buying my headphones

my budget is $100-$150, are there some specific headphones that everyone agrees are the best buy for the money? What's important to me, is the bass in the headphones.
blink.gif

Jul 31, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 18
If you can find a used set of E2's and Xin SuperMicro Head Amp
you'll be at that 150 range and very happy.

Personally, I like the sound of this combo better than my E5's...

Jul 31, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by dassbaba
my budget is $100-$150, are there some specific headphones that everyone agrees are the best buy for the money? What's important to me, is the bass in the headphones.
blink.gif

well since you havent given us much information beside bass and price range, i am going to go with intuition and recommend: "Alessandro MS-1"

done. enjoy. (you can do a search for more info)

Jul 31, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #4 of 18
maybe a used A500 or A700?? although they don't come up very often...

Jul 31, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #7 of 18
alessandro ms-1

www.alessandro-products.com

$99 shipped.

then get an amp.

cmoy or a go vibe - probably can swing either for under 50 bucks, to get your $150 budget taken care of.

Jul 31, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 18
I'm pretty sure you can get a sr-225 for around $150.

Jul 31, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 18
someone is selling their allesandro pair on the sale section, i will talk to them

well my priorities...

i play games sometimes and i'd like really good surround sound so if I was in a FPS game (first person shooter) and someone was behind me or to the right (something like that), i'd precisely know where they are

surround sound for games is important to me, don't mind me if i'm being an audio newb, i have a lot to learn =P

my other priority is bass in music, generally i preferred music on my speakers to headphone music because of the lack of bass in headphones, my last pair of headphones had good bass, they were DPS-500's but i wonder if there is better bass than that and bla bla bla

i think that's it, music and games

btw if anyone plays any games here, i'm developing a modification with some buddies of mine for the upcoming game Half-Life 2 =P

Jul 31, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 18
What kind of music do you listen to? The MS-1's should do most stuff good, but it's not suited to all music. With the flat pads from Todd the Vinyl Junkie it's bass is suppost to very, very good. Another good can in your pricerange is the Audio Technical A500 which is suppost to be an excellent good gaming can, though I'm not sure how it's bass is.

Jul 31, 2004 at 3:58 PM Post #11 of 18
Grados aren't too good for gaming, cause of the lack of soundstage. But I agree that the audio technica a500 as a good gaming phone. I haven't heard it myself, but it's seems to be praised fairly well for this particular use, in this particular price range. If you choose the hd580/600/650, you will seriously need amp.

Jul 31, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #12 of 18
The HFI700 is, according to bangraman, the best gaming hadphone because it has the best positioning, and I'll have to agree. It's also quite bassy so I think you'll like it.

Jul 31, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Grados aren't too good for gaming, cause of the lack of soundstage. But I agree that the audio technica a500 as a good gaming phone. I haven't heard it myself, but it's seems to be praised fairly well for this particular use, in this particular price range. If you choose the hd580/600/650, you will seriously need amp.

drat, just when i was liking the HD-580's, an amp is pretty expensive
frown.gif

what is the HFI700? I can't seem to find a picture/info on google, the full name perhaps?

i listen to all music, right now i'm listening to Belle and Sebastian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back