Recommendations ?
Nov 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

NightAngelz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i'm planning on buying a portable headphone and can't decide between KEF M500 and Sennheiser HD25. I listen to a almost every genre except jazz(?) but mostly rock, heavy metal. punk and pop.

If I buy the Sennheiser HD25 I would most probably but a O2 amp as well.

My current DAP is a Fiio x3.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 12
Not sure what to make of this.  In the US these cans are normally priced $100 apart and the Senn does not need an amp.  Perhaps even more important, you can currently get the Amperior from Amazon for $200 (the same price as the Sennheiser HD25-1 II).

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 12
  Not sure what to make of this.  In the US these cans are normally priced $100 apart and the Senn does not need an amp.  Perhaps even more important, you can currently get the Amperior from Amazon for $200 (the same price as the Sennheiser HD25-1 II).

I was from the seller that the Senn would sound much better if properly amped. I live at malaysia and at there the amperior is actually more expensive that the HD25.

I was thinking that if I bought the HD25 the extra cash would be spent on an amp?

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 12
First, there are several versions of the HD 25.  The HD25-1 II is the one to get.

Second, all versions of the HD 25 are designed to play from portable/low power devices.  The seller was probably trying to pad his bottom line at your expense.  I would stay away from that vendor.

Finally, it is rare (as in I never saw it before) for a new Amperior to sell at--or even very near--the (fair and reasonable) price of the HD25-1 II.  That is why I pointed it out.

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 12
If I did buy the amp, it would be from another seller actually. Over here the amperior sells either at its MSRP or roughtly 300usd. The senn HD25-ii cost around 250 usd. (price roughly converted from myr to usd) The kef m500 also sells for 300 usd. If i could get the US pricing for the amperior I would've bought it xD

Anyway, what other headphone would you recommend ? for below 250usd

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 12
  If I did buy the amp, it would be from another seller actually. Over here the amperior sells either at its MSRP or roughtly 300usd. The senn HD25-ii cost around 250 usd. (price roughly converted from myr to usd) The kef m500 also sells for 300 usd. If i could get the US pricing for the amperior I would've bought it xD

Anyway, what other headphone would you recommend ? for below 250usd

Portable with not amp: the KRK KNS 8400.  For under $100: Sony MDR 7506.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #8 of 12
Hi, i'm planning on buying a portable headphone and can't decide between KEF M500 and Sennheiser HD25. I listen to a almost every genre except jazz(?) but mostly rock, heavy metal. punk and pop.

If I buy the Sennheiser HD25 I would most probably but a O2 amp as well.

My current DAP is a Fiio x3.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

YAYYY! Good to see some Malaysia citizen getting into good audio! [Malaysian here].

Anyway, given you already have the FiiO X3 which is more than enough for portable use, you do not need an amp to make it better. The X3 itself already have excellent built into amp and DAC. So using an amp is definitely not necessary at all; in fact, it may not make a huge difference for some headphones! :)

As for headphone, I am not sure about those you mentioned but I do like AKG K167 for the genre of music you listen to! I think you can find it at Jaben if I am not mistaken

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #9 of 12
Nov 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 12
Hello,

YAYYY! Good to see some Malaysia citizen getting into good audio! [Malaysian here].

Anyway, given you already have the FiiO X3 which is more than enough for portable use, you do not need an amp to make it better. The X3 itself already have excellent built into amp and DAC. So using an amp is definitely not necessary at all; in fact, it may not make a huge difference for some headphones!
smily_headphones1.gif

As for headphone, I am not sure about those you mentioned but I do like AKG K167 for the genre of music you listen to! I think you can find it at Jaben if I am not mistaken

Hope it helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Jaben sell their stuff all at MSRP damn expensive xD

I usually buy through lowyat..cheaper and thanks i'll look into it

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #11 of 12
Bump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back