Recommendations
Aug 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kwb231

New Head-Fier
Hi

I've been an avid reader of Head-Fi forums and I recently got into this Hi-Fi shopping spree and I'm really looking to get deeper into this world and I would really appreciate to hear what your thoughts are regarding my equipment collection. (if they don't work well together/ if amp lacks significant behind iem to fully capture iem's potential etc.)

I'm totally broke after buying the following all in past week, but I want some advice as to what I should buy or do to maximize utilization of my new equipments:
iem: AKG K3003i (upgrade from my Westone 4R)
Computer: MacBook Pro Retina
Music Player: Undecided between Audirvana plus and Fidelia (I'm leaning towards Audirvana due to iTunes integration... I like the user interface of iTunes)
DAP: Sony NW-F807 64gb (upgrade from just listening straight out of my iphone 5)
Computer DAC: Fiio E10 (Never had any computer/portable amp before)
Speaker: Onkyo LS3100 2.1-Channel Bluetooth Speaker System

I'm wondering if plugging in AKG directly to Sony F807 will be enough in SQ. I don't like the idea of carrying portable amp, dap and my phone around to work...

I like to listen to all kind of genre. I like listening to electronic/trance/house/hip hop as well as acoustic/vocal/jazz/new age
It all depends on my mood... I like using Spotify/Korean Streaming apps to stream and sync 320kb songs so that I have new music available to me. Also I've been hoarding FLAC/ALAC files for a year now ever since my Weston 4R purchase

Please give me some advice as to which music player to buy (audirvana plus or fidelia or something else) and what I should do to maximize my experience.

Thanks!

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Have a look at Fiio X3, very good value-for-money DAP and uses the same chip as the AK100 if I'm not mistaken

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Or if you want cheaper options, check out:

• Sansa Clip
  • Colorfly
  • Cube C30

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #5 of 5
I can only speak from reading reviews but X3 is highly rated in the audiophile community in my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back