Recommendations?
Aug 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:
He's going to be using these for commuting to school. Not the best headphones for portability. Very big and bulky, and I would fear the wings system to get easily damaged unless they were in a good case.

Yea I know, I feel the same way. I can walk around in mine as the clamp like no one's buisness, and I'm the idiot who carries his Beyer Dt 880s to class every day last year lol. Still it's the best Bang for you Buck, at the cost of walking and listening! 

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #17 of 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanfisher5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are searching for a slightly bass boosted headphone with clear highs (and somewhat recessed midst unfortunately) that look great and are extremely durable, look no further than the M-100. One mistake many make going into this is that they expect an audiophile style headphone. While they were designed with that in mind, they are not the most neutral pair of headphones one can get.

I believe that I read an article here stating that on some headphones with recessed mids, listening to them with low volume levels might feel like the mids are missing. Is that true for these headphones? Because I'm really not the type to crank my volume all the way up...

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:
I tried the Bose QuietComfort15 and no they didn't really have enough bass for me.
I would prefer that they're not open headphones since I have to travel with them. I probably should have included in my post that I'll be using these headphones mainly to my commute to school. Plus, I would want to be able to listen to them while I'm in the library or something. I'll read the review though and tell you what I think. 
How much of a further cost would those comfort solutions be? And also, for how long can you listen to them before they got uncomfortable?

I see, so closed.  Have you read up on these at all: http://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-HP100-Premium-Folding-Headphones/dp/B0086YJ86Y

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #19 of 26
Yea I know, I feel the same way. I can walk around in mine as the clamp like no one's buisness, and I'm the idiot who carries his Beyer Dt 880s to class every day last year lol. Still it's the best Bang for you Buck, at the cost of walking and listening! 

Too bad Beyer doesn't make various neon colored neon pads for sale. Some nice lime green puff balls surrounding your ears could really make you stand out in a crowd :D

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

They're not heavy, right?
Quote:

I've never heard of these headphones. I'll look for some reviews for these when I have the time. Unless you got links?
Quote:
Too bad Beyer doesn't make various neon colored neon pads for sale. Some nice lime green puff balls surrounding your ears could really make you stand out in a crowd
biggrin.gif

Every time, I think of anything neon colored, I think of Razer. 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
They're not heavy, right?
I've never heard of these headphones. I'll look for some reviews for these when I have the time. Unless you got links?
Every time, I think of anything neon colored, I think of Razer. 
tongue_smile.gif

I actually want to try the Sound Magic's my self! 

They ATH a900x where not heavy, at least not to me... but I've got a large neck and shoulders [they call me the mule lol] so I don't really get "heavy" headphones.... I don't think they are but again nothings heavy on my head q.q

And there are some people who might professionally dye your pads, and that would be very cool! 

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

They ATH a900x where not heavy, at least not to me... but I've got a large neck and shoulders [they call me the mule lol] so I don't really get "heavy" headphones.... I don't think they are but again nothings heavy on my head q.q

I'm a girl so I'm kind of iffy on getting the ATH-A900X since it looks kinda bulky and heavy.

On a side note, I could get the FiiO E11's separately if you recommend them. 

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:
I'm a girl so I'm kind of iffy on getting the ATH-A900X since it looks kinda bulky and heavy.

On a side note, I could get the FiiO E11's separately if you recommend them. 

OMG AN ACTUAL GIRL ON THE INTER NET,

well congrats if your being honest, your going to get pampered! Head Fi is a bit of a man fest q.q

It really does not weigh that much, I have a w1000x and THAT is a heavy headphone, but what is cool about the Wing System. Is the wing system makes my HEAVY w1000x feel weightless on my head

As always if you can get a return policy or try them that would be the best. Although you could also try the Beyer Dt 770 250 ohm... I'm not sure where the price is. But used one might show up in your price range 

The Sound Magics are also a good choice, I've not heard them BUT they compare to the Ath a900x and Akg K550 [I own both] so they should fit your needs. Plus they fold and come with a nice case, so a good bit of extras for you if your a student! 

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #25 of 26
Yeah, especially considering style for a girl, the hp100 might be for you. If you haven't found reviews yet, here's some:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/616201/soundmagic-hp100-review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-hp100-premium-over-the-ear-folding-headphones-black/reviews

Aug 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
OMG AN ACTUAL GIRL ON THE INTER NET,

well congrats if your being honest, your going to get pampered! Head Fi is a bit of a man fest q.q

The Sound Magics are also a good choice, I've not heard them BUT they compare to the Ath a900x and Akg K550 [I own both] so they should fit your needs. Plus they fold and come with a nice case, so a good bit of extras for you if your a student! 

Should I have kept my gender to myself? Lol. But thanks for the help, I guess I'll get the Sound Magics.
Quote:
Yeah, especially considering style for a girl, the hp100 might be for you. If you haven't found reviews yet, here's some:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/616201/soundmagic-hp100-review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-hp100-premium-over-the-ear-folding-headphones-black/reviews

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. Though I pretty much decided that I'll get these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back