Recommendations?
Oct 2, 2008 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Novacane

Head-Fier
Hi head-fiers! Before i go further, i just want to say im pretty nooby with all this hi-fi stuff. I used to go through this forum constantly until college started and i havent been able to explore hi-fi equipment due to shortage of money and time.

Im looking for a new mp3 player to replace my old iAudio X5 30GB. I think ive had it for about 3 years now. I bought it close to when it came out. Although it looks shoddy (my friend even called it ghetto once), i was very satisfied with the sound quality, and the fact that i can just drag-and-drop files into it. Also, i loved having rockbox on it (gapless).

Im looking for something that has music quality on par with the X5 or better. I also prefer a rather large storage capacity (at least 10GB, but im willing to go under), as i do have over 50GB of music (not only albums, but tons of small, obscure, punk 7''s and EPs and demos). Also, i would love to be able to drag-and-drop. I have all my music sorted out like a file tree, so navigation through ID3 tagging is unnecessary. Portability and lightness is not really a priority, and looks are okay as long as its not terribly ugly. I can afford anything under $400 (i think i paid around $300 for my X5 when it just came out).

I hope i dont sound too amateurish. Thanks in advance!

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Cowon D2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back