Recommendations Wanted for On-Ear Headphones - folding, small, closed
Nov 29, 2016 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

leichnitz

100+ Head-Fier
My wife wants some headphones for Christmas.  I have many large cans, and so I thought her request would be easy, but I am having really hard time and could use some tips from the community.

She wants closed cans for bedtime listening to iPad/Netflit and for travel.  She already has Bose for office and she likes them, but wants smaller and folding/collapsible for travel.  I looked at On-Ear recommendations under "Head Gear" and found the choice a lot harder than I thought it would be.   Price $75 to $150.  Most are either too large, or don't fold, or not closed.

I thought the Beyerdynamic DTX 501P was about right on size, folding, price, quality.  But only 9 reviews on this site, and Amazon says Beyer replaced by cheaper looking model.

Surprised how few reveiws most On-Ear cans have, or they don't meet the three criteria - small, folding, closed.  

HELP!

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Sorry, just saw that this is posted in wrong area but cannot figure out how to move or delete.

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 5
I have DTX 501P and they are very good for the price, they are very small and surprisingly comfortable for on ear headphones, the sound is warm and bassy, not v shaped, little roll of on top, the bass is tight, not flabby mess like the sony mdr 1a for example.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 5
I really like the Noontec Zoro II for a 50 dollar set of cans that is very comfortable, very light weight, and folds up pretty small.  They sound quite good and have a detachable cord w/mic as well.

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 5
I will look into that.  Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back