Recommendations to replace JVC HA-S500's
Nov 27, 2020 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

El3mental

New Head-Fier
My S500's broke earlier this year (had a wire split somewhere inside the covering) and I'm looking for recommendations on something with a similar/better sound as I enjoyed them quite a lot. I definitely prefer full headphones (over or on-ear) to buds. As far as musical taste goes, I do listen to a little bit of everything, but primarily Electronic and Rock/Metal. Ideally I'd like it to be something readily available and around $100. Obviously if the quality is worth it I can justify going higher. Hard cap is probably $200.

I would just buy a new pair of S500's (or the less talked about 600's or 700's), but they aren't so common anymore, and the shipping on importing them is of course extremely high right now. Also, they're fairly old at this point, and I'd like to see if there's other contenders.

Thanks

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 4
Try to find someone selling Meze 99 Noir from Massdrop. I picked up a pair for 120$ used and they will go great with your genre of music. They are extremely comfortable, i can wear them all day. The JVCs would start hurting my ears after an hour or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back