Recommendations to Replace ATH-IM70
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

delmonte

Head-Fier
I just lost my ATH-IM70 which I really liked, and looking to replace in around the same price range ($100). Looking at the E40 as an option and haven't found many comparisons between the two. I liked the sound signature of the IM70 but wouldn't mind something a bit cleaner/less congested, which it seems the E40 is, but being marketed as monitoring buds I'm worried they'll be too analytical. I want details but not analytic or lifeless sound.

I would also add that I got Dunu DN-1000 and totally hated them, besides the bass. It wasn't that any particular range was too much or too little, I just found the overall sound very lifeless and unnatural. I don't think I will risk trying out a BA again.

I listen to mostly classical music, but also lots of other stuff including some hip hop, Radiohead....

Again, mostly asking about the E40, but open to other recommendations as well. Thought about MA750 but it seems the IM70 was generally preferred so I don't want something less good than the IM70.

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 8
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #8 of 8
Just got my IT01s today and I think they're great! Quite good detail and separation, pretty natural, warm, and "fun" sound... the bass is just amazing. Even more depth and sub-bass rumble to my ears than what I remember from my IM70s but without the bloat and mids-contamination. Nice build quality and cable, and also very good comfort and isolation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back